Openoffice deployment via SBS 2003 Client Apps

sobriquet

Hi All,

Trying to install Openoffice via Clientapps in SBS 2003,

I extracted the openoffice installation, placed it under "clientapps" folder on the sbs 2003 server, then assigned it to a single client computer ; nothing is happening on the client, after logging off and loging back on

Also, when I check shares on the sbs server mgmt, it shows as one connection to the clientapps share.

Any step by step how-to or experience would be great, i need to get this done before i leave today :-)

the scenario is :

I have just took over this network ; they already had SBS 2003 configured and lots of group policies applied to lock the machine downs completely ; the users can only use IE and Outlook, no other menus, shortcuts appear.

I downloaded openoffice and extracted it so I can get to the MSI file, then copied the whole extracted folder to the clientapps folder

I then assigned the application to just one computer (to test) via SBS assign application wizard ; pointed it to the "\\server\ooffice\setup.msi" with quotes

Now, when I logoff the user and log back on, nothing happens at all ?

please can you provide a step by step or give any advises as to what may be blocking it or where shall I look ?

Kind regards