Display Changer problem

Hi everybody,

I'm making an unattended Windows and I will install it on many PCs. But, each screen is not the same, depending on the PCs, so I want a script to automatically detect the screen resolution. I found "Display changer", which works fine, once Windows started (by cmd command). But, I want to detect the resolution during the installation of Windows XP, or in the GuiRunOnce or RunOnceEx but it does'nt seem to work.

Can everyone help me please ?

Here is DisplayChanger : http://www.12noon.com/displaychanger.htm

Thank you

PS : don't care about my english, I'm french

No, but I don't think you'd want to change to maximum, you could get unexpected results as minimum size for everything in the screen as well as minimum refresh frequency. What you have to find is whether this utility works when you want it, and if that's the case what you can do is to process the list of available resolutions to find something reasonable. For example look for the maximum resolution available at a specified refresh rate and color depth, or look for the maximum refresh rate for a determined resolution and color depth given that a monitor that support a maximum resolution of XXXXxYYYY should have a screen size of ##' and for this size an optimal resolution should be XXXXxYYYY, less than the maximum...

And in case you don't get an utility that works in RunOnce, you can always try to make the script work after logon, for example, copying it in the startup folder and including a line on it to add a value in the RunOnce key in the registry to delete itself in the next reboot.