Unattended install to relocate C:\Users or C:\Profiles

Dear all,

I am a Windows XP user. I have been using the XP unattended install method to relocate the C:\Profiles\ directory to D:\Profiles. That is my sole purpose of using unattended install. I am only installing one laptop so automating the process isn't my objective.

So the Vista and 7 now use a different method for unattended install. I am looking forward to Windows 7 and would definitely want to relocate the C:\Profiles directory the same way. I have browsed around this forum and seem to have found the solution. But I need a little bit more help.

The way to do it in 7 is:

== DJPro == 15 July 2008 ==

You will have to create a 'Autounattend.xml' and put it in the root of your disk. You can set it in your 'Autounattend.xml'

in: <settings pass="oobeSystem">

put:

<FolderLocations>

<ProfilesDirectory>D:\UserData</ProfilesDirectory>

</FolderLocations>

So all userprofiles will be created in D partition in this example.

== DJPro ==

I found a couple of Autounattend.xml samples. One has a total of 246 lines. The other has a total of 68 lines. I am looking for the MOST basic Autounattend.xml that would allow me to insert the ProfilesDirectory section described above. As I have mentioned I do not intend to automate any other stuff. Can anyone shared with me a valid and shortest Autounattend.xml to achieve just this single purpose?

Thanks much.

KB