ADI SoundMAX Driver not installing (solved)

I just realised something....the ID i gave previously is the Instance ID, the hardware Id stops after 534811D4.

Anyway, having said that, I did some searching around and found a vaguely old version of the driver which has less in it and the hardware ID's are a closer match. I changed the subsys ID on one of the hardware Ids and it seems to work ok.

If this works I may just leave it like this.

Having said that, i have never come across such a driver which is widely regarded as hard to find and troublesome!

Toddy86, I hope everything will turn out right. :yes:

If it works, please post again exactly your Hardware-ID with description,

please give us a link to that driver you found (or load it up somewhere)

and maybe edit the title of this thread, so other users can find it and benefit.

THX for your reporting.

Ok so this worked and the unattended XP setup now loads the driver.

The issue was exactly that the Hardware ID's in the INF file did not match those of the actual device. This is most likely the same issue that most SoundMAX drivers have, I downloaded dozens of versions and none actually matched my device.

Though you can probably do this with any version of the driver I use the following one because the Hardware ID's were already a close match and the INF was less bloated.

Link:

http://www.sec.co.kr/product/desktop/suppo...nXP_Win2000.zip

To get this to install for my hardware I went into smwdmch4.inf and changed one of the Hardware IDs to match mine. You can then verify that it detects a match by going to Update Driver on your non functioning device and seeing whether it prompts that it may not be a match or whether it just goes on and installs it.

This driver is ADI SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio (v 5.12.1.3523) for Intel 82801DB ICH4.

If anyone finds a driver that works without the need to modify the INF file then please post it up.

Edited by Toddy86

Thanks for reply, good luck to you!

BTW: Isn`t it called "ATI" instead of "ADI"? :rolleyes:

Is that a joke?

I thought that at first, but ADI = Analog Devices Inc (the retards who make the SoundMAX stuff).