I can no longer send emails *as myself* using exchange?

Ok folks, I don't know what the hell I have done, but I need it fixed, and soon.

Environment:

Windows 2003 Exchange Server and Domain Controller with Exchange 2003

Windows 2003 Terminal Server with Outlook 2003

Windows Vista Machine (me) with Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange

A few other XP machines

Normally in my Outlook I have three mailboxes; my own, my colleague's, and an account for support emails. This has all worked perfectly in my computer and the Terminal Server for months, with no problems whatsoever. This morning I needed to create another account for support emails so I did so and tried to add it into my outlook as I did for the others, now giving me four inboxes. This is when the weird sh*t started happening.

I tried to expand the folder list of the new account 'CSPA' and I was given a rather descriptive message that I 'couldn't open the folder'. Yes, I know that, but why?! Of course I checked the permissions and everything was fine. After some faffing around with Outlook profiles on both the TS and my machine I managed to get the new 'CSPA' account to display its folders. Only, this threw off my colleague's emails, so now I couldn't view his. I basically had to choose whether I wanted the 'CSPA' account or my colleagues... so I decided to stuff it, have 'CSPA' and the other support email forwarding onto my address, remove them both from my Outlook and just have my mailbox and my colleague's. Tested the forwarding, and all was merry.

Then it gets even weirder. I tried sending an email as I normally would, to one of my colleagues. I thought it had worked, until I realised an email had come through to another colleagues inbox that message delivery failed. Wtf? I wasn't trying to send TO *or* FROM this colleague who'd received the message delivery failed email in their inbox.

So I decide to scrap everything on the Terminal Server and my PC and start the Outlook profiles from scratch. Now, whenever I try to send an email on either, I get a message that... "you do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user" - which actually pops up as a physical dialogue box when I click 'send'. This is when I leave the 'from' field blank so basically, I can't send messages as myself. The weirdest thing is, if I enter the name of the person who was receiving my 'message delivery failed' emails as the sender, I CAN SEND EMAILS.

What the heck is going on here? I have gone over permissions, delegation, send on behalf permissions and active directory settings with a fine toothcomb, and I can not find *any* evidence to suggest why this isn't working. I'm the only one with this problem and it's rather concerning me. Luckily its the weekend so sending mail now isn't that important, and I can access our TS and DC from home, so I would love to have this wrapped up by Monday.

Basically, in a nutshell, I cannot send emails as myself in Outlook 2003. :realmad:

Help?!?!

Edited by JustinStacey

I found a thread here on the Internet with a user who is having *exactly* the same problem as myself. http://www.technologyquestions.com/technol...ail-myself.html

Judging by the fact that no-one replied to that topic, I am going to assume people here are scratching their heads as much as I am. BUT... after reading that post, I am going to try and make Outlook throw up a password prompt as I have a feeling now it is logging in as my colleague.

Dear god, any more of this and I swear I am not going to be responsible for smashed up computers.

I just tried to force Outlook to throw up a password prompt by changing mine and my colleague's passwords temporarily. It didn't work. Outlook just doesn't want to know and keeps blindly logging on.

I am going to go berserk if this isn't fixed by Monday, can anyone please help me? I really don't fancy deleting and rebuilding my Domain account, I don't need any more sh*t to deal with right now

Well, I can see you lot were just as miffed as I was.

I fixed it by telling Outlook to always prompt me for a username and password. I have to keep this enabled because when I disable it, Outlook goes back to automatically authenticating as my colleague, for whatever weird reason.