Proxy Server

Larbac

Hi all,

I have a win2k3server working as a proxy server with 4 network cards. All conections are working fine and I have access to all my subnets.. nevertheless I have to bring on board another network card for a different department but I would like to restrict access to one of the subnets...

Is this possible? is this phisically setup on the local area connection?

Thanks alot.

I'm assuming you're using 2003 RRAS to do the connection management, so technically yes, you could put some traffic rules in place. However, you'll have to be more specific in defining what "restrictions" you want to do.

I'm assuming you're using 2003 RRAS to do the connection management, so technically yes, you could put some traffic rules in place. However, you'll have to be more specific in defining what "restrictions" you want to do.

Hi I think I was not very clear, I hope my exemple this time will help understanding it

I am using ISA 2004 server and a small description of what is going on is that I have a server running as proxy with 5 network cards. One of the network cards (subnet 192.168.2.1 is a new access that I have setup that should access one subnet only ie(192.168.3.1). Until now all works fine.

Now I have a rule that all http request from outbond to 192.168.3.1 will be routed to another server (webserver 192.168.4.1).

what I would like is to have my new connection (192.168.2.1) to access 192.168.3.1 but not access 192.168.4.1. If i create an exption in ISA does not seem to work..

Another try I did was to locally on the webserver 192.168.4.1 to deny access from all ip with 192.168.2.1 but this also does not work because the webserver sees the routed income comunication from 192.168.2.1 and this one I can not block access because then all other networks will be blocked.