Have to Login Everytime

DreamSkape

Hi,

I had problems with Internet connection speed a few days ago. The technician asked me to use CCleaner to remove all the temp files so that the speed increases. His advice did work but since then I have to login each time I click on a page. This means that even the cookies are being deleted. I uninstalled the CCleaner, yet the problem is there.

Normally, with one login, I could access the page for two days minimum but now for each login (even if it is after 10 minutes), it asks for ID and password. Any solutions apart from System Restore?

Thanking you,

--

Regards,

DreamSkape

Signed: Saturday, April 18, 2009, 11:48:32 AM IST

What browser? Check your browsers cookie settings.

I am using IE8, with all my frequently visited sites added to the Favorites Menu. Things were perfect I used that CCleaner. It did remove and made my laptop fast but then this problem started. I removed it, still the problem continues.

Cookie settings are as follows: First party allow; Third Party Disallow. Should I restore them to default? But I have been using them as such since I formatted my computer a long time ago.

Wouldn't hurt to try setting it back to default though you say it was working fine how you have it. Only other thing I can think of is to delete the index.dat file in your cookies folder. Delete it with Unlocker.

Edit: I just looked into CCLeaner and it has a registry cleaner. This may have removed a critical reg entry. See if it made a backup of the cleaned keys and restore them. If not, do a system restore. Try the index.dat first though.

Edited by -X-

Wouldn't hurt to try setting it back to default though you say it was working fine how you have it. Only other thing I can think of is to delete the index.dat file in your cookies folder. Delete it with Unlocker.

Edit: I just looked into CCLeaner and it has a registry cleaner. This may have removed a critical reg entry. See if it made a backup of the cleaned keys and restore them. If not, do a system restore. Try the index.dat first though.

Performed the system restore. I guess you were correct that the CCleaner removed some registry entry. It is working fine now.

Issue resolved. Thanks a lot.

--

Regards,

DreamSkape

Signed: Sunday, April 19, 2009, 10:27:46 PM IST