WDS - imgage hp7900

Hi all

been running a single image through WDS, using Hal update etc.

anyway this image orgionally created and syspreped through a HP DC7800 pc since then support has been added for a range of units including 7900 6930 2530. all of which have been working fine.

all have been working fine, but we had a new batch of the 7900 units in this week, all of a sudden the 7900 wont work. says system.ini is missing, its not and has installed on the machine. - but the machine is asking if i want to boot into safe mode and then crashes and repeats the initial screen.

from a cursory inspection i cant find anything different to the 7900 we had a month ago.which worked fine, and the image is still working fine on all other model numbers.

any thoughts...

UPDATE

ok since the WDS image isn't working i have tried a couple of different methods.

1. WDS Installed but wont Boot.

2. Windows XP CD - sp2 official microsoft - install and blue screen - no boot

3. Vista DVD same result

4. HP RESTORE PLUS DVD - works fine installs.

howver i have a few concerns. this leaves me with a HP build not out standard and required several hours of software loading per machine.

2 doesnt allow us to enter our volume licence.

since realising this is the issue it has shown up on the new 6930 laptops as well.. bit worrying....

has anyone else had any issues with these newest models?

I had a similar problem with the 7900. It turns out it was the Hard Drive mode setting in the BIOS. It was set to AHCI by factory default. I set it to IDE emulation and the image worked fine. AHCI is not supported natively by XP. However, it is supported by Vista so I am not sure this is your problem because from your post Vista didn't work for you either.

i went away and had a think decided this i remebver having issues before a bit like this, then i injected the mass storage drivers into the WINPE images and also the capture image and that worked, anyway i have tried that and will be testing tommrrow, as finished work now. doh.