Need hotfix tutorial

Hi all, I am just learning about this unattended stuff and have been reading all of the post here but cant find a good guide or tutorial on how to manually integrate a hotfix. I have looked at ryanvm, nlite, and even xable but want to know how these are integrated. I can see that you extract the KBxxxxxx.exe, put the .cat in svcpack, but after that then what? I noticed you have to add the registry stuff somewhere and then there is the .dll that seems to go into driver.cab or the root folder. I even looked at the home page of this site but it seems outdated and not detailed. Is there a link or post here that gets into the details?

Thanks

Download HFSLIP and read through the source-code(standard CMD-syntax).

Also, you can download Ryan or Xable's update-packs and then extract them and check out the contents...

• The updated binaries of the updates should overwrite the outdated ones in the source.
  • If the binaries aren't allready in the source, then entries should be made for the new binaries in txsetup.sif and layout.inf(dosnet.inf for non-CD installs).
  • The catalog files are moved to SVCPACK folder and referenced in svcpack.inf to be copied over at install time.
  • Each update's inf file should then be analysed, and the relevant AddReg sections should be copied out and either injected into the HIVE files, or into a custom inf file which is set to be installed at install time, and also any relevant post-install commands from the update's inf files should also be run at install time from e.g. a custom inf...

I already did look at Ryan and Xable and needed a little more explanation. I am looking at the HF and that is extensive and think I can go from there. You also seem to sum up what needs to be done. Thanks for you help.