does Test-Run support multiple user accounts ?

Ninho

In the "stickied" Last Versions for Win 9x... Herbalist recommended the program, Test-Run v_2.1.2 .

I had a look at the author's archived website, but after reading the help page I still have a question I'm not clear about :

does Test-Run work on Windows 98 systems with multiple users ? It says on the help page that Test-Run stores its copies of user.dat under the WinDir, which makes me suspicious that the program predates the introduction of multiple log on accounts by MS (was it along with IE 4 ?). That would make the program much less desirable of course.

I haven't downloaded Test-Run pending your gracious answer; Herbalist, or someone having experience with that program ?

In its downloaded form, it only works on the user profile that's in use at the time. On systems with more than one user profile, the profile name and path are variables, as is the number of user profiles. You can modify the batch files to include each profile on your PC by adding lines to include each profiles user.dat file.

Some time ago, I put a page together which describes how to use a modified version of those batch files to replace the registry and core system files with clean copies on each reboot. It does describe modifying them for more than one user profile and includes their startup folders. Instructions here. Sorry about the ads on the free site.

Rick

Edited by herbalist