Windows Vista Network Bluetooth

Kuperis

I want to setup a network between my laptop and my PC. I have 2 bluetooth dongles. And I have bluesoleil with them. So I connect both computers to PAN (Personal Area network) and I want to share internet from PC. I turn sharing on, but the laptop shwos that there's no access to the internet. I'll post some screenshots later.

Anyone tried this?

i am not sure the software was made to allow internet access, for this to work at all you would have to bridge your internet connection to the bluetooth adapter. I am not sure if that is even possible though. (never tried before) connecting up to the internet over bluetooth would be amazingly slow though, wouldn't a wireless router be a better solution?

My money is very limited, so I can't and I don't want to buy a wireless router. My dongles have EDR, so the speed is 3 mbps. My connection is 2 mbps. Sooo, it's ok. How to bridge them? I'm not very good at networking.

My money is very limited, so I can't and I don't want to buy a wireless router. My dongles have EDR, so the speed is 3 mbps. My connection is 2 mbps. Sooo, it's ok. How to bridge them? I'm not very good at networking.

You have two options:

Option 1: Router

Easy. No hair pulling involved.

Pricier

More information available if things go wrong

Option 2: Bluetooth

Very difficult.

Free. You already have the hardware

Little if any troubleshooting information.

Option 3: Buy an ethernet cable.

Very easy.

Cheap

Lots of info available.

Only problem is you have to hide the cord. Or not.

Edited by weEvil