IE7 running

shizuko

Thats interesting. I notice sometimes Firefox doesn't close and I had it running for almost a few days before I knew it.

If its not bogging your system, I wouldn't worry about it. But it could just be stuck there and just end that task.

If your computer is congested, you may wanna run Ccleaner (Crap Cleaner) and run Antivirus/Spyware software, And do maybe a defrag and a system clean up to get the system in a good clean state and see if that helps.

I don't see much of a problem there, It may suppose to be there for some reason.

Is it running in Windows Task Manager as well?

several hours after I closed IE 7 still running in Task Manager:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ed8s5i.jpg

thats odd... iexplorer.exe are running under svchost.exe ?

please help.

svchost.exe is a service process - this means a SERVICE (services.msc) running on your box spawned iexplore.exe. I highly doubt it's the one you closed, and that is very suspicious. I would find out first which service belongs in that svchost.exe, and if you kill that iexplore.exe (from procmon) if it comes back...

several hours after I closed IE 7 still running in Task Manager:

http://i36.tinypic.com/2ed8s5i.jpg

thats odd... iexplorer.exe are running under svchost.exe ?

please help.

svchost.exe is a service process - this means a SERVICE (services.msc) running on your box spawned iexplore.exe. I highly doubt it's the one you closed, and that is very suspicious. I would find out first which service belongs in that svchost.exe, and if you kill that iexplore.exe (from procmon) if it comes back...

I dont know if I am right or wrong but can't Virus's and or Spyware run under/or as the svchost.exe?

Is it running in Windows Task Manager as well?

yes... after I kill the process it never come back, and after reboot too, its ok now, but I wonder what happened.

just performed a scan with spybot and nod32 and the system is clear, also the iexplorer.exe under svchost wasn't connected to any IP. :wacko:

Sure - it's actually somewhat common. In essence, svchost.exe is just a stub binary for loading services as shared host processes, and any binary capable of running as a service that is on the system can use it if it knows how to make a quick registry entry to load under an svchost.exe binary. It's perfectly feasible to consider that this will be done by malicious software if it wants to hide (heck, I've seen HP printer drivers install services under svchost.exe binaries).

Sure - it's actually somewhat common. In essence, svchost.exe is just a stub binary for loading services as shared host processes, and any binary capable of running as a service that is on the system can use it if it knows how to make a quick registry entry to load under an svchost.exe binary. It's perfectly feasible to consider that this will be done by malicious software if it wants to hide (heck, I've seen HP printer drivers install services under svchost.exe binaries).

understood :ph34r: ... thanks ... I'm more calm now :hello: