what is ASPI layer???

netninja

I am running XP and for some reason it does not recognise my HP9300i burner as being burner if I try to install 3rd party software. While I can burn a cd with the program built into xp, if I try to install Nero, Easy Cd creator,fireburner, clone CD, they all come back with the message no compatible hardware installed. All this software worked fine in ME so what gives? A friend tells me that there is an ASPI layer that is needed and can be downloaded off the net. First I don't know what an ASPI layer is, where to find it, or if it will solve the problem. Hohum soooo confused. Can anybody set me straight?

ASPI (Advanced SCSI Programmer's Interface) is a layer of software which manages communication between all kinds of software and your peripheral devices. For CD recording software to function well with CD recorders (including ATAPI / IDE recorders!), it is important that the ASPI layer be up to date.

Get your ASPI drivers from f*p://ftp.adaptec.digisle.net/software_pc/aspi/aspi32.exe

Admin Edit:Please, NO active links on the forums! just replace one of the t's in http or ftp with a *, or untick the auto parse URLs bit when you post, thanks! oh, and WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! :)[/color:09c3048a45][/size:09c3048a45]