Windows Activation

Hello guys, Nice site!. This is my first post, I absolutely love the site and tools. I'am currently a Computer Tech at a repair company and these tools are fantastic. I have been playing with nlite and WPI. I have made several copies that work on my vm machine and some shop computers.

My question which I have not found an answer for and figured I could get some help is there a way to make windows ask you for a key code after its installed or make you activate? I would love to be able to put this in a customers machine, have in install what I choose, then be able to put in their keycode when its all done. Any ideas? Thanks.

My response assumes Windows XP (I am uncertain whether Windows 2003 supports activation)

Hello guys, Nice site!. This is my first post, I absolutely love the site and tools. I'am currently a Computer Tech at a repair company and these tools are fantastic. I have been playing with nlite and WPI. I have made several copies that work on my vm machine and some shop computers.

My question which I have not found an answer for and figured I could get some help is there a way to make windows ask you for a key code after its installed or make you activate? I would love to be able to put this in a customers machine, have in install what I choose, then be able to put in their keycode when its all done. Any ideas? Thanks.

After Windows installation you may try having the value "OOBETimer" at [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents] set to something different (maybe setting it null), then running "%systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a" (to invoke the activation wizard where product key may be entered and activawtion may be performed).

Invoking sysprep with a sysprep answer file (for non-Product Key things) after installation may allow for what you want (less the activation).

Edited by Ascii2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest slimbyte

Hello guys,

Well, I made a tool that I use at the end of an unattended install of Windows Xp to change the Product Key, change the Owner and Organization and perform online Activation!

I believe that may be useful to community, so here it is …

WinXpUR.exe

Usage: Just fill the fields you want to change and hit Update.

I believe that may be useful to community, so here it is …

WinXpUR.exe

It seems that the registration widow is placed such that it may not be on only a single monitor, for a setup with multiple monitors. Edited by Ascii2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...