user permissions

jazzmaster

Hi guys :hello:

Network consists 1 Server (2003r2) and 10 work stations (xp pro).

Just installed accounts type software on server and workstations and all works great (installed on all workstations as admin).

Each workstation has 13 usernames......all people were setup as standard "users" with default permissions.

Problem is: when logged on to a workstation as a normal user, the account software icon on the desktop is not the correct-looking one.....instead its the standard windows shortcut box icon...........I can right click on it and click "change icon" - but it then says I don't have the correct permissions??

Any ideas?

Hi guys :hello:

Network consists 1 Server (2003r2) and 10 work stations (xp pro).

Just installed accounts type software on server and workstations and all works great (installed on all workstations as admin).

Each workstation has 13 usernames......all people were setup as standard "users" with default permissions.

Problem is: when logged on to a workstation as a normal user, the account software icon on the desktop is not the correct-looking one.....instead its the standard windows shortcut box icon...........I can right click on it and click "change icon" - but it then says I don't have the correct permissions??

Any ideas?

When you right click does it show it pointing to the correct directory? (the programs directory?) and does "users" have permission on that directory?