XP installation stuck in restart loop!

visa tapani

Hello all!

I already posted this in the nLite forum, but I then realized that this problem has possible nothing to do with nLite. Sorry about that. Could some moderator delete the other thread?

So, I've been trying to reinstall XP with my newly created SP3-slipstreamed and junk-reduced installation disc. Installation goes normally so far that I've partitioned my hard drives, chosen where to install XP and system has copied the installation files to HD. Then installation enters the stage with light-blue background, mouse cursor appears and *boom* computer restarts. After a while I get a message like "Continuing Windows XP installation.....", mouse cursor appears and the same happens. Again and again. Usually it doesn't give an error message before it happens, but sometimes a message flashes quickly on the screen before the reboot: "Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the API".

I'm doing this installation on an Asus M6VA laptop. Because the computer itself comes only with recovery discs, I've used this method to activate a retail hologram XP Pro CD with my product key. I've used the exact same method before and it has worked without any problems. Then the cd has gone through semi-heavy nLiting: I've slipstreamed SP3 and post-sp3 hotfixes and done a lot of removing and tweaking. See the attached .ini file for exact details, quoting it here would make this thread difficult to read.

I then tried installing XP from my recovery discs. This worked without any troubles, so I guess it's unlikely this would be a hardware issue?

I'm only moderately Windows and nLite literate so I have no idea what could cause this problem. If you need more info pleace ask. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last_Session_debug.txt