Server 2k8 RDP inconsistent

Genesis051750

I installed Sever 2k8 in June 2008. At first RDP worked as advertised. Then in July 2008; one of my testers could no longer connect, or ping or NADA! Now in August my remote site can't connect, or ping or NADA! Additionally computers inside cannot connect either (file sharing is ok, just not remote administration). This is particularly cumbersome with just CORE install (I have CORE, and a full GUI, luckily this is testing, not full production.)

Changes? yes Windows Killer_Updates. There's nothing else to change with. I suppect it's the "NEW and IMPROVED Fireblockade & BADvanced Security," but nothing found on any help sites work. I think I am looking at the wrong solutions for my situation...

Any iides, help, comments???

TIA

G.

;-)

How about disabling Large Send Offload in the network driver's properties, and then running the following commands:

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

If the clients are Vista or Server 2008 boxes, run the commands there as well. If these work, you have network driver problems and somewhere along the line I suspect a broadcom NIC chipset...