XP Pro 64bit DFS Problems

Hi I am new here and I am experancing some problems at work and was hoping that the community might be able to help.

We have 2003 R2 servers with multiple DC's and Files servers using DFS mapped via DC having an issue with network browsing.

Basically if I try and pull the properties page of any file that resides under DFS then the properties page wont show, until the network adapter is either re-initialised (e.g. checksum or other option turned off / on, on the nic with settings saved) or remove the network cable, instantly the properties page or multiple if had selected a few, suddenly apear on screen with another message saying the it can't connect to source (which is understanable if removed the cable :P)

Does anyone know why the properties page wont display until the nic has had it's driver reloaded or network failure.?

This is bugging me because I can get the properties page up for the browesed computers , or any other computer on the network with shares, and it works fine if you navigate to the file server directly and look at the file. Just seems to be a problem with DFS.

I have tried multiple types of Hardware (machines and nic's) and have all windows updates installed, nothing seems to make a diffrence.

Why oh why 64bit? don't have this problem with 32bit.

Please please someone help or at least try and explain why this is happening, have gone through about a dozen rebuilds trying to figure out whats happening. :wacko:

• 6 months later...

• 4 weeks later...

There has been no solution and nobody seems like they want to tackle it either. I'm ready to set the machine on fire and collect the insurance money ;) I am going to switch out the video card although I'm not expecting much. Next will be switching the mobo and cpu. After doing a lot of cross referencing with products and this issue, it seems that Vista 64bit does not get this error. This is unsubstantiated proof but it is a theory. I'm not sure what type of machine your running but the programing might be lagging behind the electronics of it all.... at least in my case. I will be happy to share whatever information I have with you but it is all from doing google searches which you might have done already.