$OEM$ help

Where would In my $OEM$ folder would I put some word documents in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\.

I want my word documents in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\. I also would like to launch my firefox silent installer from C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\. What would be the best way for that? Would it be better to do it with [GuiRunOnce], cmdlines.txt, or something else like that?

Edited by COKEDUDEUSF

Where would In my $OEM$ folder would I put some word documents in C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\.

'$OEM$\$DOCS\DEFAULT USER\My Documents\'

I also would like to launch my firefox silent installer from C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\. What would be the best way for that? Would it be better to do it with [GuiRunOnce], cmdlines.txt, or something else like that?

There's no reason to install apps from '%userprofile%\My Documents\'...

Instead just start by following the first shown examples in the 'Unattended Windows' guide, like using the '$OEM$\$1\Install\' folder and GuiRunOnce, and cmdlines.txt to run useraccounts.cmd and autologon.reg and the '$OEM$\$1\drivers\' folder and 'OemPnPDriversPath' to install your drivers etc...

When you then master that, then you can go experiment with RunOnceEx and with installing apps and drivers directly from CD etc.

'$OEM$\$DOCS\DEFAULT USER\My Documents\'

I also would like to launch my firefox silent installer from C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\. What would be the best way for that? Would it be better to do it with [GuiRunOnce], cmdlines.txt, or something else like that?

There's no reason to install apps from '%userprofile%\My Documents\'...

Instead just start by following the first shown examples in the 'Unattended Windows' guide, like using the '$OEM$\$1\Install\' folder and GuiRunOnce, and cmdlines.txt to run useraccounts.cmd and autologon.reg and the '$OEM$\$1\drivers\' folder and 'OemPnPDriversPath' to install your drivers etc...

When you then master that, then you can go experiment with RunOnceEx and with installing apps and drivers directly from CD etc.

Can you please tell me. I would still like to install my Firefox Silent Installer from C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\.

Can you please tell me. I would still like to install my Firefox Silent Installer from C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\.

Sorry mate, of course it's up to yourself where you want to install your apps from, but i where just reffering to that there really isn't any benefit from doing it like that, compared to the normal methods, but OK, here goes :

The easiest way is to place your Firefox installer into '$OEM$\$DOCS\DEFAULT USER\My Documents\', and then add it to be run at first logon from GuiRunOnce, like e.g. :

"%userprofile%\My Documents\Firefox.exe"

Or, if you have many apps to be installed in '$OEM$\$DOCS\DEFAULT USER\My Documents\', then also place a batchfile that installs them, into that folder, and then call it from GuiRunOnce like e.g. :

"%userprofile%\My Documents\install.cmd"

• 2 weeks later...