Looking for process profiling tool

Quark Fusion

I recently got a need to trace how actively a process calls to system functions like thread synchrotisation. I has tried AQtime and Intel VTune Perfomance Analyzer, but AQtime simply crash all the time and VTune can't attach to already running processes (or I just don't found that option).

Did you know about tools that can attach to a running process and count calls to various routines (taken from debug symbols, not source code)? And it must be Vista-x64 compatible.

Im actually don't want to digging into code, quick analysis of process behavior is what I looking for. (I suspect there is a bug in thread synchronisation.)

process explorer then can give you insight to what calls a process are making

process explorer like tool shown that process have thread synchronization call last in his stack during high cpu consumption, so i want to count how much cpu time actually process spent calling that function, i suspect that most of that cpu time process check another's thread work instead of waiting for synchronization object.

I didn't figure out how to use xperf for this particular task. (Seems that i can do kernel profiling with it)

… After some research: is this what i looking for? Do i need LOADER flag? (I need to profile already running process)