wired network problem xp sp2 after reinstall

mkrow

hi guys

i have just re-installed windows xp sp2 on a dell latitude D610, I am now having trouble with my network connections,after the reinstall i noticed that in device manager that there was no icon for network , i lost the dell drivers disk that can with the machine so i downloaded all the drivers from dell after sumitting the service tag, and I still have the same problem, In device manager I can see Broadcon NetXrreme 57XX Gigabit Controller that i instlled , i can also see the pci wireless card that i installed dell true mobile 1300 WLAN PC card, under other devices there are the yellow ? Multimedia Audip Controler,PCI modem, PCI SImple Controller,video controller .

so I think its somthing common to both the internal wired NIC and the PCI wireless NIC , when I run ipconfig /all i get a media disconnected for each one , so it is seeing them, in nwetork connections there is an icon for each interface wit a red x.

the wireless card can pick up my wireless lan but cant connect, can anyone shed any light on this issue as its driving me mad...

hi guys

i have just re-installed windows xp sp2 on a dell latitude D610, I am now having trouble with my network connections,after the reinstall i noticed that in device manager that there was no icon for network , i lost the dell drivers disk that can with the machine so i downloaded all the drivers from dell after sumitting the service tag, and I still have the same problem, In device manager I can see Broadcon NetXrreme 57XX Gigabit Controller that i instlled , i can also see the pci wireless card that i installed dell true mobile 1300 WLAN PC card, under other devices there are the yellow ? Multimedia Audip Controler,PCI modem, PCI SImple Controller,video controller .

so I think its somthing common to both the internal wired NIC and the PCI wireless NIC , when I run ipconfig /all i get a media disconnected for each one , so it is seeing them, in nwetork connections there is an icon for each interface wit a red x.

the wireless card can pick up my wireless lan but cant connect, can anyone shed any light on this issue as its driving me mad...

Do the yellow queston marks (?) appear over the Network devices? That wasn't quite clear in your description. Regardless, the first thing you want to do is clear any problems from the device manager. More than 9 times out of 10, those question marks indicate that drivers are not installed for that device, so you'll want to clear those up for your system to run properly. You should be able to download all of the drivers you need from the Dell website.

(Personally, I wouldn't even start messing with the Internet connection until all of my device drivers were installed).

The red "X" icon in the network connections window usually indicates that a devices has been disabled. Are you able to re-enable these devices?

The other thing to check is to make sure all your services have started. For the wireless connection, for example, unless you have 3rd party software managing the connection, you'll need to have "Wireless Zero Config" running.

Edited by TheFlash428