Hyper-V woes

Appleton

Running Server 2008 Core w/ Hyper-V RC0 on an HP Proliant ML350 G5, 4GB ram, 2ghz Quad Core Intel.

Primary use for one of the virtual servers is a WDS server, it seems to function really well.

Configured another virtual server, standard 2003 server. Having issues with displaying websites, in particular websites with alot of graphics on the page. i.e. www.microsoft.com Seems to hang the virtual machine everytime. However, I noticed that the system itself isnt actually hanging. If I click on the scroll bar and drag it or click on minimize it will perform the action but not display it on the screen. This happens for both RDC and Hyper-V screens, and on all Virtual Machines. Loading Windows screens and browsing around the local system is fine, the performance of the WDS server is fantastic.

Difficult to explain, wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues.

1. How? I have automatic updates enabled on the SC install but I cannot find the MSU for RC1.

2. Yes, installed, reinstalled rebooted after uninstalling and reinstalled again to make sure. Still not helping.

I havent tried to install a Vista or XP VM yet. There are 3 VM's: 2 are 03 Standard and 1 is 03 Standard R2. Having issues with all 3. I'll try to load an XP VM and see what happens. Is Microsoft accepting bugs from the general public on this or just their Beta testers?

I havent tried to install a Vista or XP VM yet. There are 3 VM's: 2 are 03 Standard and 1 is 03 Standard R2. Having issues with all 3. I'll try to load an XP VM and see what happens. Is Microsoft accepting bugs from the general public on this or just their Beta testers?

I don't believe they're currently accepting bugs from anyone but TAP customers (and since it's in RC probably only showstoppers at this point to boot), but you can always try to file it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest victor2008

Microsoft's virtual machine capability Introduced in Windows Server 2008, it enables multiple instances of Windows, Linux and other operating systems to run simultaneously. It uses the Para virtualization method, which requires the operating system be modified to run as a virtual machine. See virtual machine and Windows Server 2008.