Excel Formatting HELP

Hi, i have a small problem with a spreadsheet im creating! On the spreadsheet i have 3 different pages each with different calculations on it, on a 4th page i need to add some of the totals up from each of the three sheets.

Is there any way i can get the 4th page to do something like this....

If b3 (on 1st page) is between 24 and 25 select f6, if b3 (on the 1st page) is between 31 and 35 select g6 and if b3(on the 1st page) is 36+ select h6

I know its confusing but any help wud be appreciated!!!

I've attatched the doc if anyone needs a closer look

that's actually pretty easy... you're going to use nested 'if' statements

you can do this a couple ways. You can make this one large statement, or use a couple cells to do this. Based on what you typed, I'm not sure exactly how you want it set up. I'll do it as one large formula:

=if(AND(B3>24,B3<25), F6, if(AND(B3>31,B3<35), G6, if(B3>36), H6, "B3 failed all the checks")

to step through, here's what the formula does:

if B3 is greater than 24 AND less than 25, return F6. If not, if B3 is greater than 31 AND less than 35, return G6. If not, if b3 is greater than 36, return H6. If not, return "B3 failed all the checks".

you'll have to modify your sheet a little bit as the formula cell is on a different sheet than the values you're checking. To change the sheet references, put the sheet name and an ! in front of each cell reference:

=if(AND(Sheet1!B3>24,Sheet1!B3<25), F6, if(AND(Sheet1!B3>31,Sheet1!B3<35), G6, if(Sheet1!B3>36), H6, "B3 failed all the checks")

Edited by rendrag