Visual Studio Debugger pops up :(

morland

Hi.

I'm using Windows XP SP2.

I downloaded a demo version of a software called URLBase but when I try to run the software/demo, an annoying "visual studio debugger" pops up (shown in the attached file).

A month or so back the same thing happended with another software and since I was unable to use the software, I ended up uninstalling it.

Can someone please help. Am I missing some DLL Or maybe I have some outdated DLL????

post-131769-1211209233_thumb.jpg

A JIT debugger prompt like this would only occur if the application you were running ran into an exception. By default in Windows, an attached debugger always gets the first shot at handling an exception, even before the application. Since this could be a first chance exception that the app may be able to handle without user intervention, I would suggest you disable the VS JIT debugger.

If the app still crashes, I would suggest a different debugger, like ADPlus.

Hi cluberti.

Thank you for teh reply. I tried your suggestion but no luck and the result of ADPLUS is like a foreign language which is not of much use.

Well, the real question is, after you disable the VS JIT debugger as per the link above, does the app still crash?