I love vist 64 but...

ingeborgdot

I don't understand why people don't like vista. I have had less issues with my vista than I ever did with my xp. Anyway I do have two issues that maybe someone can help me with.

First, I have a card reader that is hooked up to the usb internal port. I can read sd cards etc. with it. My problem is that if I take out the card and then want to put it back in later the card reader goes away out of my view window under my computer. I then have to unplug my card reader from my mother board and then get lucky and log off and log back in or sometimes have to restart to get it to work and show up again. Does anyone care to comment on this?

My second problem is that if I put in a cd or dvd it will not auto play. I have to go into my computer and double click or go to media player and whatever player I decide and hit play. Any more comments?

Thanks.

For the autoplay thing, check the service "Shell Hardware Detection" as this is the "autoplay" service.

For the USB card reader.. what brand/model reader is it? Have you checked for updated drivers? Also updated drivers for your motherboard?