Keyboard Windows keys don't work

Volatus

Odd problem here... never seen anything like it.

I'm putting together an ancient system for someone that wants a $50 computer system (laff please). It's a Pentium II/350 with 192mb RAM, 4.3gb HDD, a CD-ROM, a 15" CRT, and a plain old keyboard and 2-button mouse, with a legal version of Win2K Pro, CD key ripped from a dead, gutted laptop of mine.

Problem is, the keyboard has three keys that don't work: the left and right Windows keys, and the "shortcut"/"menu" key. I can't figure out what's wrong with it. I can't determine if it's the computer or the keyboard itself, since neither Yahoo, Google, nor Ask would give me any useful information or links to a keyboard scan code viewer. I don't understand why search engines have gotten so useless over the years (but they're far better than MSFN's search engine, which I'm about to go complain about in another topic).

I know I can have Windows remap scan codes, so if the keyboard is spitting out a different scan code (don't understand how, it's "designed for Windows 2000"), I can remap it. Or maybe it's got a bad driver loaded ("Standard 101/102-key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard")? I hope it's not an internal problem, everything looks fine inside the keyboard and I just cleaned it! :(

This is killing me, because I always use Win+R and Win+D to get things done! I keep Win+R'ing and screwing up my "vibe" when it sits there and types "r" on the screen! ;)