CoreAVC Professional silent install help

Gremo

Doyou have an installer? or just the *.ax file?

If you have an installer, the silent switch is /S (case sensitive).

If you just have the *.ax file, you need to use a cmd file with similar to this one:

@echo off
START /WAIT regsvr32 /s "C:\Program Files\CoreAVC Pro\CoreAVCDecoder.ax"

You can use WinRAR or 7-zip to make an SFX archive. Read the forums to learn how to do that.

Doyou have an installer? or just the *.ax file?

If you have an installer, the silent switch is /S (case sensitive).

If you just have the *.ax file, you need to use a cmd file with similar to this one:

@echo off
START /WAIT regsvr32 /s "C:\Program Files\CoreAVC Pro\CoreAVCDecoder.ax"

You can use WinRAR or 7-zip to make an SFX archive. Read the forums to learn how to do that.

I have the installer, and of course also the .ax file. I prefer to install with .exe setup, however i get "incorrect serial number" (means no serial number passed). How do i pass the serial to the exe?

thanks a lot!!

i didn't remember that. my bad.

you need to use the ax file as i explained above and import a registry file with your serial. this is the way i install it, but in my case i made an msi installer for it.

use this info for your installation:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Pro]
"User"="YOUR NAME"
"Serial"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

hope this helps you.

i didn't remember that. my bad.

you need to use the ax file as i explained above and import a registry file with your serial. this is the way i install it, but in my case i made an msi installer for it.

use this info for your installation:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Pro]
"User"="YOUR NAME"
"Serial"="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx"

hope this helps you.

Ok, got it. However doing this i have to (manually) also create start menu entries (for AVC configuration...). this is boring!

are we sure there is no way to pass user/serial to the .exe? import this registry before running setup.exe /s didn't work

I don't know if there is some switch to specify the serial number in the setup. Try searching for Nullsoft Install System documentation.

You can always use a shortcut file inside you SFX archive and then copy it to the start menu.

If you want to create an installer for it, you can use the trial version of Caphyon Advanced Installer, this is the program i use almost all the time to author my setups. Also you can try with Inno Setup or Nullsoft Install System. This is, if you have the time and the will to do it.