help with silent installation of OpenOffice 2.4.0

Heres what Ive done:

*I extracted the installation files to C:\OpenOffice

*I opened a command prompt and changed to above directory

*I use the following command:

start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /i openofficeorg24.msi SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_p_Draw,gm_p_Draw_Bin,gm_p_Draw_Help,gm_p_Impress,gm_p_Impress_Bin,gm_p_Impress_Help,gm_p_B
ase,gm_p_Base_Bin,gm_p_Base_Help,gm_p_Math,gm_p_Math_Bin,gm_p_Math_Help,gm_Optional,gm_o_Grfflt,gm_O
p
tional,gm_o_Testtool,gm_o_Xsltfiltersamples,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pymailmerge,gm_o_Javafilter,g
m
o_jf_Palm,gmo_jf_Palm_Aportisdoc,gmo_jf_Pocketpc,gmo_jf_Pocketpc_Pocket_Word,gmo_jf_Pocketpc_Pocket_
E
xcel,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Winexplorerext

After pressing enter all I get is this popup:

sshot8jl6.png

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by anonymous_user

Heres what Ive done:

*I extracted the installation files to C:\OpenOffice

*I opened a command prompt and changed to above directory

*I use the following command:

start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /i openofficeorg24.msi SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_p_Draw,gm_p_Draw_Bin,gm_p_Draw_Help,gm_p_Impress,gm_p_Impress_Bin,gm_p_Impress_Help,gm_p_B
ase,gm_p_Base_Bin,gm_p_Base_Help,gm_p_Math,gm_p_Math_Bin,gm_p_Math_Help,gm_Optional,gm_o_Grfflt,gm_O
p
tional,gm_o_Testtool,gm_o_Xsltfiltersamples,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pyuno,gm_o_Pymailmerge,gm_o_Javafilter,g
m
o_jf_Palm,gmo_jf_Palm_Aportisdoc,gmo_jf_Pocketpc,gmo_jf_Pocketpc_Pocket_Word,gmo_jf_Pocketpc_Pocket_
E
xcel ,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Winexplorerext

What am I doing wrong?

Try this:

start /wait msiexec.exe /i openofficeorg24.msi /qn /norestart SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_p_Draw,gm_p_Draw_Bin,gm_p_Draw_Help,gm_p_Impress,gm_p_Impress_Bin,gm_p_Impress_Help,gm_p_B
p
m
E
xcel ,gm_o_Activexcontrol,gm_o_Winexplorerext

Edit: doesn't work :angry:

Edited by radix

Well I originally was trying the following recommendation:

It is recommended to always use ADDLOCAL=ALL and then specify the unwanted components using REMOVE to avoid missing required components.

But then I tried just specifying the components I did want (using ADDLOCAL) and this time it worked!

Edited by anonymous_user