Event ID 6

Bad boy Warrior

I get this message everytime i boot up the server.

Log Name:	  System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
Date: 18/03/2008 08:04:00
Event ID: 6
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: SERVER.Domain.local
Description:
[b]Some processor performance power management features have been disabled due to a known firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.[/b]
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power" Guid="{0f67e49f-fe51-4e9f-b490-6f2948cc6027}" />
<EventID>6</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2008-03-18T08:04:00.468Z" />
<EventRecordID>9115</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="80" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>SERVER.Domain.local</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
</EventData>
</Event>

But i cant tell if theres any performance issue here or not or if something is going bad somewhere. Ive read around but cant find any solution to this. Does anyone have any ideas about this one?

Thanks

Edited by Bad boy Warrior

But i cant tell if theres any performance issue here or not or if something is going bad somewhere. Ive read around but cant find any solution to this. Does anyone have any ideas about this one?
According to that event log event, thread 80 in the system process (ProcessID 4) did something (scheduled a DPC, called a power state function, something along those lines) that caused the system to disable (in code) certain power management features that your processor exposes to the OS that it supports, but Windows has determined that attempting these functions will cause system instability or worse, hardware problems.

I would contact the server vendor for microcode updates (if available) for the CPU, and perhaps a BIOS upgrade as well. If there aren't any, perhaps you should have them investigate these issues on their end to see if they can find the potential hardware problem.