XP image setup

Hey,

this is my first post in this great forum and i am very glad i found about you people,

I am a young tech-repair guy, and i know i can learn alot from you!

In my daily work i am dealing with windows xp installation alot.

To make it faster i am using norton ghost to drop a image of winxp to my new computer's hd.

It works most of the times,but i also have to find the new drivers for each computer which take time.

So i was wondering if there's a program that can do it for me,instead of looking for the computer model,mb model,or running programs like everest.

Also i would like to know how to make a clean windows xp image without getting the computer to discover the drivers,so it will work with all kind of computers, and then add to that all the currents security updates.

Should i make cd of windows slipstream with all the updates and programs i need,install it,when installation is completed,shut down the computer before it detects any drivers and make the image?

If any of you have any suggestions to speed up this routine,please post.

Sorry for: my english if its unclear for any of you or if i posted in a wrong place,just remove it.

Again thanks alot.

Microsoft has a tool for that, its called Sysprep and should be in the deployment tools archive on your setup CD. It has its limitations, but for the most things you want, it should do the job. There should already be a lot of topics about Sysprep and XP in the "Unattended Windows 2000/XP/2003" forum.