Printer tracking with userid foot print

Hi Guys,

This is for new implimentation for my team.

Can some one help me on this

Regarding Printer tracking with user id's

Request : We need to track the prints in printserver with the user id's and the printouts need to print the userid in the footer.

Please suggest me is there any scripts..

Regards,

SureshNalluri.

If you're printing from a web page, this can be done on the page itself. If you're talking about all print jobs from any application, this is NOT trivial. You can configure a separator page that prints out the user information on a page before the rest of the document prints, but to do this on every page is a function of the print driver or print processor/port monitor, unless the application itself supports configuring headers/footers in the app that will print (like MS Word). Otherwise, this is not something that the application-layer can handle, it has to be done post-spool of the print job or during the spool (for RAW print jobs). This is not trivial, and would require you to write a print processor and a port monitor (because the print processor would not catch RAW print jobs, but a port monitor can) that would do this. I know this is in the platforms DDK (or used to be), but again, this isn't something you "script".