Quicktime SDK Programming for Windows

I've downloaded the Quicktime SDK for windows programming, and I've been trying to slog through the Apple Developer Connection Reference Library but I'm having trouble finding what I want ...

What I need to to is grab frame samples (and eventually audio but one step at a time). I'm at the point where I've opened a movie file, have the Movie, and have executed getMoviePict() to obtain a PicHandle.

How do I go about writing this out to a file (what I have in mind is a BMP file)? I've been going over the online documentation but so far the answer fails to jump out at me.

Keep in mind I am progamming in C on a Windows XP box.

roughly what I have so far ...

if ((err = InitializeQTML(0)) == noErr) 
{
if ((err = EnterMovies()) == noErr)
{
strcpy (fpath, fn_str);
c2pstr(fpath);

if ((err = FSMakeFSSpec(0, 0L, fpath, &sfFile)) == noErr)
{
if ((err = OpenMovieFile (&sfFile, &theFile, fsRdPerm)) == noErr)
{
if ((err = NewMovieFromFile(&theMovie, theFile, NULL, NULL,
newMovieActive, NULL)) == noErr)
{
PicHandle thePic;
int t;
TimeValue mTime;

for (t = 0; t < 6000; t += 600)
{
thePic = GetMoviePict(theMovie, mTime);

[color="#8B0000"]// SO WHAT GOES HERE TO SAVE AN IMAGE?[/color]

}
err = CloseMovieFile(theFile);
}
}
}

ExitMovies();
}

TerminateQTML();
}

Also, any links to forums or other resources specifically about this kind of subject would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi Experts,

I am willing to create image plugin in Quicktime using visual Studio(vc++). Is there any good tutorial or sample code available which can help me in developing the same. Because I wanted to convert one image in any file format in to another file format and I belive it can be possible with creating such kinda plugin that can convert any specific image in to another file format.Actually I would like to learn the way to create the plugin which can open any image and save it in a particular kind of image file format. kindly help me in it .

Thanks & Regards

Vikas

• 7 months later...

I downloaded the Windows SDk from apple dev connection too. There is no documentation or examples with it as indicated on the download page.

It just installs the code under program files. Am I missing something or does the site lie about there being examples and doc?

I am new to objectitveC and quicktime programming so was hoping to find some examples and doc :(.