Communication Server 2007

kizzle911

I am trying to set up a trial version of Communication server 2007 Standard Edition. Does anyone know how to install an internal Live Meeting web host??

Currently I am having trouble valadating the server??? Is there anything I should be checking out for??

Someone please help :blink:

Edited by kizzle911

That is a big question as far as an answer goes..

Hopefully you have OCS Standard 2007 since a single server deployment is quite a bit easier.

You use the Live Meeting deal externally on the internet, you will need a second Edge Server role with a public IP address to route the A/V.

Where are you at in the setup?

I am trying to set up a trial version of Communication server 2007 Standard Edition. Does anyone know how to install an internal Live Meeting web host??

Currently I am having trouble valadating the server??? Is there anything I should be checking out for??

Someone please help :thumbup

I am at the Validating the server portion of the setup.

Am I capable of setting up a Test Live Meeting environment on the current test domain??

Currently I am using a MS website to access our Live meeting site but in the future we would like to host it internally, how can I do this??

I am at the Validating the server portion of the setup.

Am I capable of setting up a Test Live Meeting environment on the current test domain??

Currently I am using a MS website to access our Live meeting site but in the future we would like to host it internally, how can I do this??

Okay, Sounds like you have basic IM/Group IM setup and operating normally..

To Review, here is what your should have setup..

Quick Scenario:

Company: Contoso

Public FQDN: Contoso.com

Internal FQDN: contoso.local

Internal OCS: OCS01.contoso.local

You want users to utilize their e-mail address across the board (user@contoso.com)

Internal DNS:

A Record for OCS01.contoso.local

A Record for sip.contoso.com pointing to IP of OCS01

SRV Record for _sipinternaltls._tcp.contoso.local (Port: 5061 Host OCS01.contoso.local)

SRV Record for _sipinternaltls._tcp.contoso.com (port: 5061 Host sip.contoso.com)

Your certificate should be configured for the actual Hostname (OCS01.contoso.local) with Subject Alternative Names for sip.contoso.com

Send me a privat emessage and we can discuss this in more detail, standard edition should work fairly easily once you get the DNS side up and running.

the live meeting functionality is configured for you once you finish the installation. I would warn that you test this is a test domain first as it WILL expend your AD scheme during the installation. also the live meeting 2007 client is required to work with OCS 2007