Problems installing SharePoint Server 2007

cucolinwin

This is the error message:

this product requires asp.net v2.0 to be set to 'Allow' in the list of internet information services (IIS) web server extensions. If it is not available in the list, re-install asp.net v2.0

asp.net is set to 'Allow' and I followed these specific instructions:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/winshare...0211591033.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/winshare...px#Spec2command

We have a Windows Server R2 2003 (64bit). Installing Sharepoint 2007 in Server 2003 is not a problem, but seems complicated at the 64bit version.

thanks..

and that command:

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

is not working for me. When I run it just gives me a list of options which I think it means did nothing. thanks

if you are running that command and it is giving you a list of option, the command is not running correct, not typed correctly or not installed/setup properly. if it was attempting to run it would give a success or error, not list the options to make it work

the correct syntax is:

aspnet_regiis -i without the .exe extension. I found the solution which I will post on Monday. If you're trying to install Sharepoint server 2007 on a 64-bit server you should install the 64-bit version of it (it worked for me) and leave the IIS in 64-bit as well. I re-install asp.net v2 but the 64-bit version. Everything works fine now.

Thanks guys

Well that config did not work for me. This worked:

1) Run %windir%\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -u <-- uninstalls the 32 bit edition of asp.net 2.0

2) Run "cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0" from the cmd prompt <--this disables 32 bit mode in IIS

3) Run %windir%\framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis -i <-- note the 64 at the end of framework. Personally, I've installed asp.net so many times in the 32 bit world that I didn't even know a framework64 folder existed.

4) Enable asp.net 2.0 in the web services extensions list.

5) Install MOSS.