Sharepoint services 3.0 problem (default.aspx Issue)

Deploysrs

I just installed Sharepoint Services 3.0 with SP1 on a Windows 2003 Server today. I was able to create new sites and add user fine. But everytime anyone wants to get to the site they always need to type this address with the default.aspx to view the site if not they can't get to it.

Example1: Http://24.230.212.8:8082/default.aspx

Example2: Http://24.230.212.8:8082/AP/default.aspx (AP is a site I created)

As you can notice that I went into IIS and assigned port 8082 to sharepoint. The reason I did that is because I have some sites using por 80 already and I figured it would be ok. I have used port #s before on my old Sharepoint services 2.0 and it worked fine.

If anyone can tell me how to figure out how to fix this issue so I can type in the address without typing the default.aspx. I would be very greatful.... :wacko:

Note: This issue also creates a problem when I go into outlook2007 and sync with sharepoint services calendars because of the default.aspx. It does sync but throws an error after sync to so like it didn't sync when it really did.

THANKS,

When I try to log onto the Site without the /default.aspx added after the AP ( http://24.230.121.8:8082/AP) it does ask me for User name and password. After I put that in it tries to display the site but then Internet Explorer comes back with the splash page that say (Internet Explorer cannot Display the Webpage). So if I go back to internet explorer and put in the /Default.aspx it displays it perfect.