How do I make the default "My etc" junctions useable?

bizzybody

When it's set to not hide things from the User, the junctions for Application Data, Cookies, Local Settings, My documents, NetHood, PrintHood, Recent, SendTo, Start Menu, and Templates are all visible under the user's named "folder" in Windows Explorer.

From searching, I've found they're there to redirect programs to all the places Microsoft decided to put things in Vista rather than leaving well enough alone.

Of course the problem is these junctions are not set up to redirect the USER to the new and "improved" locations. Instead of doing the LOGICAL thing, it slaps the user with ACCESS DENIED.

I hope this will be fixed with SP1! It's creating much extra work for me, having to explain them to clients who've been long time XP users, people who don't want anything hidden from them and know enough about things to NOT do any damage in the Windows directory tree and other places they should stay out of. The reply from most of them is "That is so dumb/stupid/idiotic!".

(I wonder if NT4's File Manager will run in Vista? It works in XP just fine, even supports long filenames.)