Auto installing applications to non standard directories?

I use a unique organizational directory structure for all programs that are installed on my computers. Basically it boils down to.. if it can be installed to anyplace other than 'program files' ... it is. Specifically I use a set of directories beneath the root, each directory gets a certain set of programs.

C:\Dir1\ might get programs with names A-G

C:\Dir2\ might get H-P

C:\Dir3\ might get R-#

For example.

Is there a way to have the unattended XP Install, install certain programs to said certain directories? Or would I be forced to use whatever directory is set for the program files environment variable?

Done a good half dozen searches trying to find something about this, but I must have overlookd it, or been using the wrong search terms. So I apologize if this has been covered somewhere.

Yes, there is a way.

How you wonder now? I can't answer as you give too little information in your posting ;) It depends on the applications for example. Certain applications allow parameters which lets you decide on where the application should be installed. Other applications could be repackaged to install to your required folder.

Great, was hoping it's doable... but your answer didn't include the necessary information for me to answer your question too :P So whatcha need to know?

Nothing really, as everything you need to know can be found in the Unattended Guide. Have a look there at the various types of installers for example. Also, search the forum for parameters to install your applications silently. If you run in to problems with specific applications and the Unattended Guide and the search function on this forum doesn't help you any further, let us know what the problem is which you encounter.