Office 2007 Language Packs

RonniePedersen

I've been trying to make a silent install of a EN-US Office 2007 Enterprise for the last few days. A basic one using the /ADMIN option and the resulting MSP file works like a charm. The problem is that I would like to add another language, in this case danish as well...

The files from the Language Pack have been copied to my Office install folder without overwriting anything, and if I just run the setup.exe I have the choice of Office or the three available language packs (Office, Visio and Project), so the files seem to be found by the installer.

Now, I DON'T want to use a danish UI, but just have this for the sake of the Proofing tools. I've tried every option I can find, using the config.xml file from the \enterprise.ww\ folder, and options like this one:

<AddLanguage Id="en-us" ShellTransform=”yes”/>

<AddLanguage Id="da-dk" />

No matter what I do, the UI in the end is Danish. For the life of me I cannot make it ignore the machines regional settings, and just install a EN-US UI with the danish proofing tools. Instead of typing down every failed attempt, I wondered if anyone has actually managed this:

Had the control of what setup/UI language is used, regardless of machine locale and added some more UI/Proofing languages.

I'd really like to meet the guy who thought up the idea of removing a silent install in the language packs them selves...

Thanks.

• 1 month later...