Fixes for Internet Explorer Downloading annoyances?

flickshot

Hi,

I have been trying to find out how to make internet explorer download directly to a folder.

Everytime I finish a large download to any other drive than C, it takes so much time to copy the file from some default folder to the one I am actually downloading to.

I could not find a solution anywhere, instead I found a solution to a download limit in ie7 which I never knew about. There are rumours internet explorer 7 can only do 2 downloads at a time. If that's true then there is a registry fix for that. I always thought it was the destination server that restricted more than 2 simultanious downloads.

Main problem is the first one tho, how to make ie download directly to an assigned folder?

Yes, it's annoying that IE will download to it's temporary internet files folder, then copy it to the folder where you want the file to end up. It doesn't have an option to download the file directly to the folder where you want it.

Also, if you're downloading a big file to a folder that won't support the file, then when IE copies it after downloading, it'll stop stating file is too large and you might lose the file. I have been able to retrieve such a file from the temporary internet files folder during such a warning.

You'll need a download manager as others mentioned. A good download manager will reserve the HDD space so that you won't be able to copy another file while your large file is being downloaded.