Drivers for XP when original cptr designed for VISTA

flipflop

One step forward,two steps backward!

While Intel chipset drivers are provided for some things,I need XP drivers for audio,etc for a SONY VGN-FZ240E laptop.I tried using the SONY drivers but see message "this update can only run with Microsoft Windows VISTA. The original cptr was a SONY VGN-FZ240E(designed for VISTA).I have only tried the audio driver but suspect same problem for other SONY drivers intended for this VISTA laptop.

Chipset GM965

I don't know if "space"used to thank a member is considered wasted,but I would like to again thank a gentleman with user name "geek" for his time and courtesy trying to assist me installing XP PRO on a particular SONY laptop.Through his efforts.I was able to completely install XP Pro in a SONY laptop originally intended only for VISTA.

In the end,as even the absence of replies to my original posting here shows,there apparently was no way to install SONY drivers for audio and presumably as well LAN and WI-FI.Attempted install of SONY drivers was met only with a message that they were ONLY meant for VISTA.

So I am left with a notebook which is somewhat useless and I can either put it in an attic or..re-install VISTA which I don't really like at this stage in its development and hope programs of interest to me will..eventually..be compatible with it.

flipflop

P.S.I don't like IE7 either!

Being unable to download any SONY XPdrivers for important notebook devices,I am going to try a suggestion of my nephew in the UK(who is a consultant for cptr business systems-for lack of a better description).......to use vmware and "run" XP "inside" VISTA.I don't really understand how these virtual machines(or whatever they're called work,but "they"claim you can even run DOS)

flipflop