W2K3 FullUnattend failing to move computer account to specified OU

Here's the setup. I currently have a DOS unattend for legacy systems and a WinPE unattend for newer systems. During the unattend I want the computer to join the Domain and then move to the appropriate OU. I know there are ways to move the computer after the unattend has finished, but I would like to do this during the unattend portion of the setup.

Here's what I've found.

1. If the computer account already exists in the Domain, the computer will join the Domain but it will not move to the specified OU under "MachineObjectOU=". <- FAILS

2. If the computer account does not exist in the Domain, the computer will join the Domain and it will move to the specified OU under "MachineObjectOU=". <-SUCCESS

Here's my identification section. I'm obviously using generic information.

[identification]

JoinDomain=TheDomain

DomainAdmin=TheDomainAdmin

DomainAdminPassword=TheDomainAdminPassword

MachineObjectOU="OU = The OU,OU = Domain Servers,DC = TheDomain,DC = company,DC = com"

Any Ideas?

Edited by KrAzYxDx

Well I guess I was under the assumption that "MachineObjectOU=" would either create a new computer account in the specified OU or would move an existing computer account to the specified OU. I'm guessing by your post that my assumption is incorrect and "MachineObjectOU=" will not move an existing computer account to another OU. Do you know if MS has this documented anywhere?

So if that is the case I'll script it to move before the unattend, delete before the unattend, or move after the unattend.

Thanks...

I'm not sure about the documentation, but yes it will only create in the specified OU, not move it if it already exists. I always recommend deleting the account and let your answer file handle it, but it really depends on how you wnat to go about it.