Is this possible?

atari37

I have a server 2003 with Full Admin rights on it, It's on a domain controller (AD) I have no control over. I need to run a logon script but since I have no control over the DC, I can't do it myself. I have to send the script to a middle man to upload and contact this middle man with changes.

Is it possible to avoid the middle man and somehow run the script from the server 2003 with full permission? I don't see how this is possible but I thought I'd ask anyway.

So you have a server that you do have admin rights to, on a domain you don't. Assuming this isn't a domain controller, you should have access to the local group policy settings (gpedit.msc) that may work for you for this server (local and domain policies are merged at system start or user logon, depending on computer or user configuration). If your AD admins haven't locked it down too far, a local policy for this server might work.

So you have a server that you do have admin rights to, on a domain you don't. Assuming this isn't a domain controller, you should have access to the local group policy settings (gpedit.msc) that may work for you for this server (local and domain policies are merged at system start or user logon, depending on computer or user configuration). If your AD admins haven't locked it down too far, a local policy for this server might work.

Yes, I have admin rights on the server but not on the domain. Your idea seems to work the way it should but I left out a couple of details in my original post.

I know by adding the logon script to gpedit locally, anyone who logs on local (on the physical server) will get the mapped drives but the goal is to get the drive mapped on end users workstations.

I uploaded the script with gpedit and as I suspected the script loads the mapped drives on the server but not on the workstations. Both the workstations and servers are on the same domain controller. So, is there a workaround to this?

I guess something has to tell the end users workstation to load my script, that something is usually AD and my script is not on the AD server.

I uploaded the script with gpedit and as I suspected the script loads the mapped drives on the server but not on the workstations. Both the workstations and servers are on the same domain controller. So, is there a workaround to this?

No, there's really not - if you need the script to get to everyone, it really has to be incorporated into a GPO that applies to the users in AD. You'll have to rely on your domain admins for this.