Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Synomenon

Custom Button in Outlook 2007

I'm using Outlook 2007 and would like a custom button that will do these to whatever email is selected:

- Mark the mail as read.

- Move the mail to a specific folder.

Can someone please help me with this? I've searched and can't find how to make such a button.

write or record a macro that does that. then create a button for it. as far as i know, outlook 2007 does not have the ribbon interface so it shouldn't be that hard to assign a button the macro action.

You can record a macro. I don't use outlook so I don't know if Outlook 2007 has a feature to record but I know Excel and Word both have a record feature. Even if you don't know how to write a macro, you can record it, then see how VBA works and you can learn to do some custom editing after recording. Play around outlook and see if you find a record. then record your actions.