Adobe Photoshop CS3 Silent Install Help

Computerpro2

Hi guys,

I am trying to get Adobe Photoshop CS3 to install silently from my Windows Vista DVD and i am not having too good of luck with it...

I have everything setup properly i think... I followed adobe's instructions for silent installs of the entire CS3 suite...

http://www.adobe.com/support/deployment/cs3_deployment.pdf

as well as the ones posted somewhere on MSFN.

here is my code for Autounattend.xml for Windows Vista...

<RunSynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
<Order>7</Order>
<Path>cmd /c %AppsRoot%\Install\Adobe\Photoshop\Setup.exe --mode=silent --deploymentFile="D:\Install\Adobe\Photoshop\deployment.xml"</Path>
<Description>Installing Adobe Photoshop CS3 Please Wait...</Description>
</RunSynchronousCommand>

Here is my Application.xml.OVERRIDE code

<?xml version=”1.0” encoding=”utf-8”?>
<Configuration>
<Payload>
<Data key=”Serial” protected=”0”>SERIAL HERE</Data>
<Data key=”Registration”>Suppress</Data>
<Data key=”EULA”>Suppress</Data>
<Data key=”Updates”>Suppress</Data>
</Payload>
</Configuration>

If someone knows away to do this please let me know!

Thanks in advance for your help guys, its much appreciated... I have been trying to get this to work for about 2 weeks and i am finally asking for help.

• 3 months later...

I hate to bump old threads but I thought I might help in case your problem was never solved...

Have you tested it by manually running the process to eliminate your deployment file and application override? If you run the setup command line manually, you can see the return code at the end to see if there has been an error. They're listed on page 6 in Adobe's deployment guide. If you can run the silent install manually, then the problem would with your Autounattend.xml for Vista which I have no experience with.

FYI, I was getting exit code 7, (Unable to complete the silent workflow) which I determined to be running processes. You can bypass the process check with 'skipProcessCheck=1' in your command line. (see top of page 5) It worked flawlessly after that.

Aaron