Setup cannot copy file .ds_store

I went back to working on my unattended install this week after letting it sit for a long time and, when I did a test install on Virtual PC, I got an error that I never remembered getting in the past. While XP was still loading files from CD (blue screen phase), it threw an error saying that setup could not copy the file .ds_store from CD.

I've only ever seen .DS_Store files on my Macs, and am wondering where in the nine hells it could possibly have come from. I searched my install source directory ("C:\Copy of XPCD") for files named .ds_store and got no results. I did, however, get results when I searched for files containing .ds_store.

Here's the kicker, though: when I opened the file (I think it was DOSSETUP.INF) and excised the references to .ds_store, I remade the ISO with nLite and tried again...and it still gave the same error!

Anyone know where it could be getting the idea that there's a ".ds_store" file to be copied?

EDIT: Also, it prompts for the file 5 times before giving up and continuing with the installation.

post-118339-1194638088_thumb.png

Edited by CelticWhisper