Cant get RAID 0 setup above 1.4T

dreemseekerA

Sorry if I posted this first in the incorrect forum. I'm new here and didn't mean to put it anywhere else. Here's my issue:

Hey all. Hope someone can help here. I'm using the ASUS Crosshair (onboard NVidia raid) and have 6 onboard SATA connections in the MOBO.

Using Five WD Internal 750 G and one Maxtor Internal 500 G.

No matter which drives I include in an array.... could be all 6 or as few as 2 of them.... the largest size I can get any array to indicate is 1.4 T - and this happens even if I use all FIVE of the WD 750 G in one array, all SIX including the Maxtor 500 G, or just 2 drives. It will correctly identify smaller sizes if I only use ONE drive (WD 750G, for example)... but I just can't seem to get any larger sizes to be correctly identified.

I flashed my ASUS to the newest release... should I be using an older BIOS i.e. are older versions the only ones that have been confirmed to work properly? I seem to remember reading something about this issue a while back, but didn't have enough drive space to encounter these problems with my last setup/hardware configuration so I didn't pay a lot of attention to these articles that I came across.

Thanks for any help.... I've built well over 20 computers in the last few years but here I am feeling like a total beginner again. I've worked on this problem to no avail for almost a week now trying everything I could think of before asking online. Shoud have asked sooner lol.

DS

Edited by dreemseekerA