Setting a static IP address in w2k server

Hi all,

I've inherited a w2k server edition PC, on which I've disabled the DHCP server. It's connected to my router (us robotics 8054) by a generic wifi USB stick, using a software with no branding.

My problem is this: I need to set windows 2000 to use a static IP address. All the advice out there seems to suggest I should right click on my "local area connection" to access the TCP/IP properties, where I would be able to specify the IP to use. This is fine on my windows XP setup, but not on the w2k box! In my "Network and dial-up connections" dialog, nothing is listed... Any ideas for how to get aroud this?

p.s. I would much rather set the router to always give the w2k PC's MAC address the same IP. But, as far as I can tell this is not a feature that the usr8054 supports. Hey ho.....

Thanks for any support,

Lee

Most often is the case when you cant see anything in the "Network and dial-up connections" dialog, its because the network card on your machine either...

1.) Has no drivers installed. Basically hasnt been set up.

2.) You have no network card.

3.) Its not being recognised as a network card.

4.) Its broke.

So, have a look at the back of your computer and determine if its a network card or if its an ethernet connection thats integrated into your motherboard. If...

A.) Its a removeable network card, find and download the drivers for that card and then install them on the machine.

B.) If you are using an ethernet connection on your motherboard, you need to find out what motherboard you are using and then go and download and install the ethernet drivers your that particular motherboard.

Usually, after you install these drivers it will be automatically detected and will then show up in your "Network and dial-up connections" dialog.

Good luck.

jeremy