How to Open .Zip Files with Vista?

lexonex

I can’t seem to open a .zip file. What gives? I want to read about the differences between the MS Zune 30 and the upcoming new MS Zune 80. So, I go to http://www.zune.net/en-us/press/default.htm where the “Fact Sheets” are located in “.zip”.

For the life of me I can’t get them open. They open,close,open,close,open at such a fast rate—that it is almost flashing and my ONLY option is to restart/shutdown my PC. My O.S. uses Internet Explorer to open this ".zip" file (is that the right program to do so?). I have tried to use other programs to open them and nothing works i.e. Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, MS Notebook etc.

What is up with this incompatibility and WHAT can I do to open these Microsoft .zip files on a Microsoft site using my Microsoft Operating System?

I'm not that big into doing "registry" modification so, I would like some simple solutions such as running the proper downloadable set-up file or something.

Thanks..............

Windows Vista Home Premium

64-bit Operating System

I.E. 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Gateway FX510S

Intel® Pentium® D 950 CPU 3.40GHz

800 MHz FSB, 2x2MB cache non-HT EM64T

Intel (Watsonville 2) 975x Motherboard

BIOS WT97510J.15A.2039.2006.0825.0358

600-Watt power supply

4093 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS Graphics Card

Thanks to Corpse19 I have gotten the solution. Save the .zip file to “my documents”. Right click to “open with”…(make sure and check “choose default program” to open these kinds of files)----“browse”---local disk ( C ):----“Windows”-----“Explorer”…..Select this “Explorer” as your program to open .zip files. IT WORKS…I can now simply click on .zip files and get them to open and NOT bring havoc to my O.S.

Thanks again Corpse19….YOU ARE A GENIUS!...Life is Good.....