Order of drives

morland

Hi,

My laptop came with one harddisk and a DVD drive. These were initially C and D drives.

I later used a partition software and made 3 partitions out of my single harddisk. I meant to have these as C:\ (original drive), D:\, and E:\ Drives. I wanted the DVD drive to become the F:\ drive...

However after booting I have the drives in the following order:

C:\

D:\ DVD drive

E:\ (what I wanted/meant to be the D drive)

F:\ (what I wanted/meant to be the E drive)

How can I change the oder/visible sequence of drives as per my requirements? Will be grateful for your help.

Hi,

My laptop came with one harddisk and a DVD drive. These were initially C and D drives.

I later used a partition software and made 3 partitions out of my single harddisk. I meant to have these as C:\ (original drive), D:\, and E:\ Drives. I wanted the DVD drive to become the F:\ drive...

However after booting I have the drives in the following order:

C:\

D:\ DVD drive

E:\ (what I wanted/meant to be the D drive)

F:\ (what I wanted/meant to be the E drive)

How can I change the oder/visible sequence of drives as per my requirements? Will be grateful for your help.

Right click on My Computer. Choose Manage. Choose Disk Managment. Right click on any partitions or drives and choose Change drive letter and paths. And that's it. FIrst you will have to change D to K or so to be able to put E to D and so on.