logonui probs...done search, but no help found...

G'day all,

I've been designing a custom xp sp2 for myself for a little while now, and have come up against a heap of problems....most of which have been solved through searching the forums here and at Neowin. Some truly helpful people on both sites.

Now I am not very good with the whole coding thing, and I'm slowly but surely going blind, have been since 2001, so I try to do as little text work as possible. The MSFN Unattended guide has been most helpful, with alot of good tips (but it really needs to be updated).

My most recent problem has been with the logonui.exe file.

screen.jpg

I've done several searches on this topic and found a few others that had my problem, but through different causes. I, liking to K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid), have made a logonui file from the logonuiX that is created when I used Stardock's Logonstudio, inside VMWare, while testing the os I am building.

I have tried simply changing bmp's in the original logonui file, but it never turns out right, some times not showing up at all, sometimes it is still the M$ logon, and I have also had alot of problems with a syntax error when the system boots up, when that happens it eventually reverts to the classic logon.

I have followed all the instructions (that I could understand) on other forum pages, using modifype etc, but to no avail, thats why I've chosen to use the logonuiX that LogonStudio creates. I workes for me....but it throws up this **** message during the file copy stage of installation.

Anyway, I really want to get rid of the screen shown above.

I have included an attachment with my logonui, still in cab form, and the pic I want in it, if that is easier for any of you to do instead of directing me on how to.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TIA,

DD.

logonui.zip

Hey Kel, love your work, used much of it, and with great success.

As I pointed out tho, I have used modifype, on the original/altered logoui, says it is fixed, but it still doesnt work. Used it also on the logonuix (after I renamed it to logonui), but that doesnt need it, says everything is fine, have a nice day!, so its not modifype that is my problem.......